Monday, February 23, 2009

MVP


Hunter has been ripping up the court in Jr. Jazz this year. His coaches and fellow team mates are floored when every time they ask us "Is this really his first year playing Basketball?" and the answer (every time) is "YES!" Hunter was nominated for MVP of the past 2 games by his coach. I will admit, Dave and I have been watching him play basketball for years and we truly saw nothing unusual about Hunter, but then again, he was playing against his Uncles, Dad, and Grandpa. Once we put him against kids his own size and age...a star is born! I am delighted with this new development and really hope this gives Hunter the confidence he needs to go out in the world and be a successful person. He can do anything he puts his mind to and I am so proud of him for his hard work.


Hunter has been waking up every morning at 5 am and going to the rec center to practice basketball, he is the only kid out there, and he is noticed by everyone. On the days I do not get up and go, he gets really mad and me and makes me PROMISE to wake him up the next day! I am inspired by this kid and am so blessed to have him as my son! GO HUNTER!!





No comments: