Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School 2009

Jr. High, 5th Grade, and 3rd Grade. What is this world coming too?

I have to admit, my kids look so grown up in these pictures. We got up early and made Cinnamon rolls for breakfast, packed lunches, and it was out the door and to Millcreek Jr. High.
Harley was very nervous and wanted me to walk her into the school but not before I got pictures of her walking to school by herself!



It was very "intimidating" as Harley put it when we walked in and saw swarms of students standing in the hall and Harley knew NONE of them...I left her at the front door with a look of panic and tears in my eyes (I have never cried when my kids went to school, especially her, she has always been ready and willing to go!). I walked out to the car and tried really hard not to cry in front of the boys and Hunter says, "Mom I am so scared for her, what if she gets bullies, you should go back in there and stay with her until class starts." Hunter is such a tender kid! I told him if I went back in and stayed with her she would for sure get bullied!
Harley called me right after school and told me all the fun things and how wonderful Jr High was! She said the school lunch was THE BEST!! (she has never had school lunch!) and that kids need to look in the mirror at what they are wearing, "Girls in mini skirts looking like Goth, boys in tight purple pants, boys with long lame hair, girls with low cut shirts. They need to watch What Not To Wear!" She cracks me up! No more uniforms for her...and as her Uncle Skee put it "Hello reality."
The boys both had good days too. They love their classrooms and both of their friends are in their classes so life is good! We are excited to go back to school...that is until the alarm goes off, then they want to sleep in!!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

rochelle said...

What a fun day! Junior high can be so fun and scary at the beginning. Is she a typical seventh grader that runs to every class so they aren't late? LOL. Where do your boys go to school? I noticed the uniforms. Do you love having uniforms? I think it'd be great.