Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hunter v. WX

Saturday Hunter played against Woods Cross. This was a crucial game for Hunter's "Popular" status at school. Hunter goes to school with 4 of the boys on the WX team. Hunter went to bed nervous and woke up even more nervous! The game started off great with shotgun to Hunter plays that got them all the way down the field and set up for their first touch down. Hunter received the kick off and again it was shotgun to Hunter all the way back down the field for another touch down in the 1st quarter.

Hunter ran through all sorts of tackles, at one time it took a whole slew of WX players to stop his forward progress! He was crunched down in the middle of the pile! On one play the QB threw Hunter a ball that was off it's mark and ended up behind him, Hunter reached out his hand and snagged the ball for a first down! It was an NFL catch and the crowd went WILD!
WX answered back in the 2nd half with 4 touchdowns which put us down by 2. Hunter took the ball and ran his heart out for a touch down (at this point Hunter had played the ENTIRE game-no rest, no break, no water, nothing!). But it was not enough to pull off the win. Hunter played incredible and I told him, "All you can do is your best! You did that, you can hold your head up high when you walk out of here!" He said, "I wanted to win so bad, I could have done something more, I just don't know what."


After the game Hunter was complaining that his back hurt and asked me it there was a scratch or something on it.....uhhhhh yeah you could say that! I asked Hunter what happened and he said, "I kept getting face masks in my back, and at one point someone stepped on my back when I was down."

A BIG thanks to the Fox Family for coming to the game and watching Hunter play.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: