Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hayden meets Cement Pillar

 While I was cheering for Hunter and his very sad basketball team, Hayden was in the common area with his friends playing football. Then in comes Hayden crying and holding his head. When he moved his hand away from his eye, there was a collective intake of breathe and words of "Holy Cow, Gross, Yuck, What the-" He asked me how bad the protruding golf ball was and I told him "Oh, it is nothing. Just a little bump." Then I gave the silent signal for someone to get ice ASAP! We iced his head with a chunk of ice from the parking lot but it was so bad the next morning it was already looking pretty ugly and almost swollen shut.  Then he showed me his elbow and his knee. Then the story of what happened.
He was playing football, he had the ball, he was juking his friend and when he turned to make his break...a cement pillar stood in the way.  He did not even know what hit him at first. He fell on his back and grabbed his eye, started to cry, and went looking for me. All I can say is OUCH!
 


Posted by Picasa

No comments: