Monday, November 7, 2011

Temple Grandin 2011

Working at Spectrum Academy has its ups and downs, but this was such a great UP I had to share it with all of you! Temple Grandin came to our school to take a tour, meet the kids, and talk to the kids about Autism.  Temple is an amazing person and if you don't know who she is google her and find out about her. She is an inspiration to me and to the community of Autism. Here is a link to the article that was written about her coming to my school. http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17905546
There is also an HBO film about her called: "Temple Grandin". It is really worth watching.

Carol Mikita and her camera man were there filming and interviewing...it was quite the event!

And here she is Temple Grandin!

                                                                           That's my class and I MADE THAT POSTER!



It was a very inspiring day. I was so glad Hayden was there to share it with me and to meet her. Temple told the kids to find what they are good at and then do far in that field. She told them to use their Autistm to help the world become a better place. It was very inspiring and I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to experience this moment.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tara said...

That's awesome! I've read some of her books that would be great to see her live.