Saturday, January 31, 2009

Burnigham Rock Band

Rock Band. The title alone should give you an inclination of how you are supposed to behave while playing the "game". The game started with Hunter requesting the drums, Harley the microphone (denied by her father-so she got the guitar), Hayden the football game going on downstairs, and me taking pictures. It was a pleasant night and we laughed and made fantastic music.

Once I discovered that I could flip the guitar and play left handed, I was all over the bass, scoring 95%! I know I pretty much rock! Hunter turned the drums over to Uncle Skee and took the guitar, Harley went back and forth from the mic and the bass. Hunter even attempted a few songs on the microphone. We played for 2.5 hours non-stop, it was so much fun!
A funny thing happened when Hunter picked up the guitar, thanks to Angie we have the footage to show you the REAL Hunter!



Then Hayden caught the bug....





After a good laugh of the video Angie and I went upstairs to put the little kids to bed. While we were gone a horrible thing happened. Harley called for us to come downstairs and watch the "new band" that had formed while the only people with common sense were not looking! I am not gonna lie, it is a bit disturbing...viewers beware!

In the end Hunter was able to play the drums on hard level and guitar on medium level. Dave sang songs on expert level and did quite well. Harley moved from beginner to easy on the guitar and sang on medium level. With the handy "flip guitar" option I rocked the bass on medium! Hayden did really good on the drums, guitar, and microphone but didn't quite make it up from beginner level. We had a blast, but really missed Bostyn who was at home with strep throat :( Get well soon baby girl that I love! And ROCK ON!

2 comments:

Gandalf said...

We will have to have a "rock-off". The Bradys love to play Rock Band as well! We rock the plastic instruments...and Ethan even rocks the actual electric guitar thanks to that game!

No kidding...come over...we shall do some face-melting guitar solos and such!!

cmshort said...

Oh my gosh. that video of hunter is too funny. Love it.