Thursday, January 22, 2009

Draper Temple


Last night we went to the Draper Temple open house. It was an amazing experience that I hope my children do not forget. We were able to go with Maka and Great Grandma Miles which made it all the more special.
Harley's favorite part of the temple was the Sealing Room. Each of the kids got to stand in front of the mirrors and see their reflection go on forever. Hunter's favorite part was the Celestial Room. He was amazed at how bright the room was and the chandelier was absolutely stunning. Hayden's favorite room was the Ordinance Room where the mural on the wall had animals on it. He also liked the cookies at the end! Dave's favorite was the Baptismal Font. It is patterned after the SL Temple with the oxen. My favorite was the Bride's Room. I felt like I was in a castle, the room is absolutely beautiful.
For those of you that have not been able to tour the temple yet, I strongly suggest you go! It was different from the other Utah temples. I was amazed at the wood work, the lighting, the carpet, the windows, the wall sized murals, and the painting hanging on the walls.
It is such a feeling of peace when you walk into the temple, I was overcome with emotion when we entered the Celestial Room and I just kept thinking of how grateful I was for the opportunity to go to the Draper Temple and take my family with me. Family is what this life is all about!

5 comments:

April said...

I agree! In the sealing room the little worker talked to us about being an eternal family. Maggie-Sue said that we are all getting married here. Garrett said, Mr. do you know dinosaurs? He replied, "I am a dinosaur." He smiled and said, "so Mr. do you know dinosaurs and Jesus?" They are here at the temple...
Just love family!!

Okie said...

We're going tonight. I'm looking forward to my kids' reactions.

rochelle said...

We haven't gone yet, but are planning to soon. I can't wait to take my kids. What an amazing opportunity for them to get the chance to see the inside. Thanks for the post!

Lacey said...

I'm glad I read this post, it inspired me to get reservations. Thanks for posting about this. Good thing I got tickets when I did cuz they're going fast!

Shiloh and Bob Willey said...

We are making plans to go- Can't wait!!