Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hayden "Phelps" Munk

Since August, Hayden has been asking when he was going to join a swim team. I have been a bit baffled by this and thinking he would eventually forget about it I put him off by saying, "in the summer." Well, the sad news is Hayden did not forget about it, in fact he reminded me, no tortured and begged me on a daily basis until I thought my ears would bleed. So I called the Bountiful Rec Center hoping there would be NO swimming classes until summer, but alas, they have classes year round! Can you believe my luck? So we signed Hayden up for a 5 week swimming class, which happens to be with a private coach! He was so happy he came home and packed his bag with all his swimming gear! Hayden told his swim coach, "I want to be on the swim team, so can you teach me what I need to do?" She was a little taken aback and when they got in the water was pleasantly surprised to see that he could indeed swim. His goal for the next 5 weeks is to learn the technique. He started with Freestyle, and learned how to move his arms, how to breath by tipping your head to the side, and how to kick. Here are some pictures of his first lesson.

After we ran dripping wet and freezing cold to the truck Hayden said, "That was so much fun, I was just like Michael Phelps." And as I attempted to drive home he continued to ask me to "look at me, Mom, you are not looking, this is how to move your arms, Mom, look, hey Mom, look at me just real quick, Mom...."

1 comment:

Jackson's FARM'N family said...

The never ending talking in the car... I love every minute of it! Well I do have to say that if there is anyone that can tackle one more think in 24 hrs. it would be you! Oh, and I dont think I am the only one that would say that Hayden is so much better looking then Phelps... He is just so dorky looking. Hayden you rock!