Monday, November 24, 2008

Birthday Day of Wonder

My birthday this year was fantastic! Jules and my children brought me a wonderful birthday outfit to wear at my school, they sang to me, and blew bubbles on me! The kids at my school thought it was a wonderful performance and they LOVED the gloves! I also got a birthday box of treasures from my school! Then the kids gave me paintings they made for me.

Saturday morning after opening presents and funny singing cards from Dave, the kids, and Brett we went to IHOP for breakfast. We entertained ourselves during the hour wait for our food by texting Dena. She started the competition of texts with "The only reason you're still conscious is because it is your birthday", "D** it Chloe, we don't have time! I need the birthday schematics downloaded to my PDA", which I replied with "There are hostiles at the party, I repeat there are hsotiles". Dena changed routes with "They're taking the Hobbits to birthday lunch", "Boil 'em mash 'em stick them in a birthday stew" (this got Hayden singing said song over and over and over). Dave shot back with "Shut the cake up", I came up with "One birthday to rule them all and in the darkness bind them". But Hayden won the duel with "Expelibirthday" and Dena came in 2nd with "I am disinclined to acquiesce to your birthday-means no". After the duelling breakfast we went to the rec center to get our passes! YEAH for the rec center and Merry Christmas to us!
Then it was home and back to the grind of things...or so I thought...i was pleasantly surprised with Dave kicking me out of the house to do the shopping ALONE while he and the kids cleaned the house! HALLELUJAH!! On the way out Dave said, "Clark, while you're at it, get yourself something nice from me!" I laughed and laughed...then I really did! I met my baby sister at the cutest little shoe store and with the help of her beautiful girls we bought boots galore! One pair from my Mom and Dad and one pair from Dave! I loved this birthday! After shopping it was time to find a place on the couch for the FOOTBALL game! It was of course disappointing for all of us except Hayden. He did his victory dance in Dave's face many times until Dave threatened to light him on fire (good thing Hunter was at a friends house-poor BYU). After the game I went with my friend S to eat the most wonderful, luscious, fanfreakintastic desert on this planet. It is called, Molten Chocolate Cake from Chili's! HMMMMMM it was heaven. All in all, I had a GREAT birthday! Thanks to all that sent me cards texted me, sent me emails, and phone calls! I had a great year and look forward to getting taller this year, or wiser which ever happens first!

2 comments:

Gandalf said...

...A long time ago, in a birthday far, far away...

Lacey said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you had a good one!