Thursday, December 18, 2008

Picture Perfect!

It was 7:30am and the sky was bright red...it was a beautiful moment. Harley ran back into the house for my camera and I got these fabulous pictures.
After taking the pictures I told my kids about the chant my Dad taught me:
"Red sky at night,
Sailor's delight.
Red sky in the morning,
Sailor's warning."
Hunter was really interested by that saying and asked a lot of questions. Hayden, in all his wisdom, said, "don't worry Hunt, we do not live by the ocean, this storm will pass right past us!"
Two days later while driving into the city, we noticed the red sky again! The kids yelled, "Mom, take another picture!" And Harley said, "A sailor's delight." What are the odds: a sunrise and sunset both so beautiful and I had my camera to catch the moment.

1 comment:

April said...

It looked like it was red sky was the warning. Steffie--I love how you live in the moment with your children. You are the best mom. Merry Christmas.
April