Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hey Batta' Batta'

So baseball season his here with full force. It takes me back to my childhood when I used to play, Brett used to play, Angie used to play, my Dad used to coach, my Mom used to cheer us all on, and Kristi...well Kristi she-what did she do during that time??
So back to my story. We all used to spend hours at the ball park watching game after game. Then in the summer when we visited Grandma and Grandpa Dalling we would go to Ricks College and watch Grandpa coach the baseball team. We would go to the bushes on the other side of the home run fence and gather up the balls that had been hit over the fence and run them back to the dug out.
I miss watching Harley play softball and reminisce on her past life as a "ball player." Baseball is a part of me, a part of my history, I think family when I hear the sound of a ball hitting a bat. It is a good time for me. I am happy that Hayden is developing this talent and hope he sticks with it for many years to come.
So take me out to the ball game...if we don't win it's a shame, 'Cause it's 1, 2, 3, strikes your out at the old ball game.







3 comments:

April said...

WOW! 13 to 13! That is incredible. You are the super mom! Your sacrafice for you kids is so worthy of reading. I love it!

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

I love to read your narration... Baseball reminds me of my early years also... GO BONNET BALL!! (smile-was the the league you were in, too?) LOVE the pics. I can just see Dave brimming with pride at his little athletes.. Is Harley considering, even a little bit, going to back to her softball roots??

Gandalf said...

SUPERSTAR!!! (Again, kudos to that amazing reporter that you have). :)

PS...I am about to type the word "reorsh"