Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Geography Winner!!



I got a phone call one night and it was the secretary at Hunter's school. She was informing me that Hunter was entered into the Geography Bee at the High School and to have him there at 8am.  I was a bit confused and after further investigations discovered that Hunter won at the Elementary and was able to move up to the Jr High and High School level to compete for the Bee.  When I asked Hunter about it he said, "Yeah I won, but it is no big deal, the questions were really easy." Ok.
So the next day we went to the High School and he competed against 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th graders.  They went 15 grulling rounds and eliminated it to 6.  Hunter was one of the 6. Then they went 4 rounds and elimintated it to 3. Hunter was one of the 3. Then they went 2 rounds and Hunter ended up taking 3rd place! He was very disappointed in not winning and as we were leaving he said, "Next year I will actually study and win this thing!"
Congrats Hunter you are a brilliant child and I love listening to all your random facts that make help you win Geography Bee's!