Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hunter's Banquet 2009


Hunter's football season came to a close and this weekend we had his banquet.  There was ALOT of food to eat and fun times with friends.  They signed each other's jerseys, watched a DVD of pictures, and watched a Highlights video made by his coach. 


After dinner, Hunter made a small speech about the coaches and presented them with gifts. A footbal signed by each of the boys.








Hunter did a great job. It was (the loudest) and the most the coaches have ever heard him say.  After the banquet Hunter asked me to keep the paper he wrote his speech on. When I said, just throw it away, he was horrified and said, "Mom, this is the very first speech I have ever written and given, I want to save this for when I win the Presidency. I will take it to the White House with me." So, we kept the paper.

The coaches gave the boys their trophy's. The trophy was for being the Regional Champions 2009.
Each of the boys was called up one at a time and they got their momment of fame.  When they called Hunter's name, everyone of the players clapped and cheered, the parents all cheered and hollered too. I realized that Hunter was someone these boys looked up to. He is not only a good player, but a good leader. A good role model and a good boy.  Hunter is amazing, and the more and more people that come in contact with him tell me how great he is.


As we were cleaning and packing up a lot of parents came up to me and said, "We sure liked watching Hunter play this year, we really hope he comes back next year. This team needs him." And truth be told, Hunter needs this team. He grew leaps and bounds with the coaches and the players. I am so proud of him!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

April said...

I am proud of him toooooo! You are raising the cutest, smartest, and bestest bunch ever. MErry Christmas!