Monday, August 4, 2008

Pictures for Dad

Today was Dave's first day at Bountiful High School. He was very nervous and needed to get his office in order so he could concentrate on learning the new system. The kids and I walked up to see him at 10:30am and he was in a state of panic and hysteria. He was not happy with the desk situation, the chair situation, the decorating situation, and the "new" situation. He was in a funk and couldn't move on until it was resolved. So the kids and I got to work and started rearranging and decorating. Dave was very grateful for someone to save him from the stress of it all.
At 12:30pm the kids and I went home and did a surprise photo shoot for the bulletin board in his office. The theme as you can see (below) was football. I thought this would help Dave relax to look at something he loves more than anything, his kids and football. I am very pleased with the picture results. There are about 30 pictures that will boarder the bulletin board, 3 pictures I made into 5x7's and backed them on red paper, hung Hunter's Bountiful football jersey on one side, and Hunter's BHS football flag on the other side. I have to admit it is really cool. I wish I had the board in my room at school.
We wish Dave the best of luck learning the new computer system and hope when he gets stressed out he will look at his board and know that we love him.












8 comments:

Jess said...

those are some awesome pictures! What a great wife you are to help Dave feel more comfortable. maybe you can help me learn some of your photography skills. I don't see why you can't make the same thing for yourself!

Tinkerbell said...

Those pictures turned out awesome Steph. I wish Dave the best of luck:)

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

Hello, professional photographer!! Who knew you had that hidden talent?!!! When are you taking my family photos??

How weird that Dave was uncomfortable with his work world changing... We are STILL going through that at our house... Perhaps, it will be better by the year 2009!!!

Gandalf said...

Steph--your pictures are always AMAZING!!! You have such a good eye for making pictures incredible!! I always love seeing your work. (The truth is out there!!)

Gabbers said...

Harley should call
gabs

Krisanne said...

I linked to your blog through April's (I feel like I've invited myself to a party!!!)...love the pictures. You wanna come take some of my kids?

Jacque said...

You are so creative Stefie. I love the pictures. They look like a tough bunch, but super cute. I didn't know Dave had changed schools. I'm sure it's nice to have him so close to home now.

Marf said...

Okay, so your pictures are amazing and your kids are HARD CORE!! I love the pics Steph you rock!