Monday, September 22, 2008

Coach Hayden

Hayden has been making football plays for various coaches, Bountiful High School's coach, Hunter's Little League coach, Dave. Yet, week after week he is sorely disappointed to see that not one of the above mentioned coaches have implemented his plays. He watches closely and sometimes there is a play that is close, but not quite, and he will say to me, "maybe they lost the plays, should I make more of them? Why do you think they don't like my plays? Maybe you should ask them to use my plays." It has been breaking my heart.


I have a good friend at school, and her husband coaches her son's team. I was telling her about the sad story of Hayden trying to get his plays noticed. She mentioned that her husband would love to see Hayden's plays. In fact her husband sent Hayden an email asking for some new football plays. Hayden was so excited he ran into the kitchen and wrote out 4 new plays. "Coon 24" and "Cheetah 47" were 2 of them. Hayden took the plays to my school and gave them to my good friend and hoped and prayed that the team would like and use his plays.


Today my really good friend presented Hayden with a game ball signed by the team and his VERY OWN jersey as a thank you for for the plays. Hayden was so happy and has not stopped talking about the ball and the jersey. He really is on cloud nine.





I want to thank the Kearns Cougar Mighty Mites Team and their coaches, you have made a little boys dreams come true.

5 comments:

Kattelman Krew said...

That is the sweetest story ever. My heart broke just reading the first part. I'm so glad that there are people out there that will take the time to make kids dreams come true. This will be something he'll remember for the rest of his life. What a good friend, that's awesome!

Gandalf said...

I love Hayden's plays!! Ask him if he has any that I can use in Liza's soccor games.

Unknown said...

wow! what a cool story!

jess

Jackson's FARM'N family said...

does he have any plays that I could use that would help me pass off my baby when she starts to smell like poop. I cant seem to compleet the pass. I love ya Hayden!

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

I thought he already was a professional football player... that is what he tells me!! and a professional soccer player, a brain surgeon, the fastest kid in the entire LPA, and the best on the swings... OH YEA, I almost forgot, he has the best karate moves then any other boy he knows... (laughing)... Did I mention that I love this kid??