Monday, September 1, 2008

Success!

Hayden was born with this strong desire to make and perfect a zip line. He attempted it at our house in Foxboro with a garden hose tied to our deck and a patio chair, after dropping straight to the ground and having the chair fly into him he decided it was not going to work (actually it was the neighbors calling me about the suicide mission my 5 year old was on that put a stop to the zip line). But giving up is not something Hayden is made of, so after years of calculations and strategy he seems to have succeeded in his attempt at the zip line.




We decided that slamming into the bank of the creek need to stop, so Dave helped him hook it to a different tree and added wooden boards to the tree for easy access. It was very helpful and Hayden now has himself a very efficient and successful zip line!



Harley even had a go at it.


Where was Hunter during all the fun? He was nursing his injured (seems to be broken-AGAIN) foot. Funny story about kicking a pillow, missing it, and kicking the dresser...painful, broken toes, swollen, blue, ice, pain killer, limping, welcome boot!


What would we do without Hayden? Our family would never have as much fun!


7 comments:

Jess said...

does the zipline go over the creek? it looks like lots of fun. With Hayden there is always a way!

cmshort said...

Hunter the "boot boy" is back again. I want to try the zip line.

Tara said...

Isn't it funny that it's Hunter that has the broken foot when Hayden's the one swinging wildly from trees?

But really, poor Hunter. That stinks!

April said...

I grew up with the est sip line---it was from the play house (second story) to the tree...only 12 broken bones in all (that's is the total with the neighborhood kids)...no worries! Where do you think Isaac gets it?
april

Kattelman Krew said...

Hey we saw your blog from the Trimmings, your zip line rocks!!! Mark wants to move back to Utah right now just to try it out in person :) I personally almost peed my pants laughing at the first outtake.... email us at thekatfam@gmail.com so we can invite you to our blog. -Mark, Nat

Marf said...

Okay, I am sorry but you really do have one of the most ingenious boys I know!! I am stunned by his problem solving skills! Tell him he is awesome! I laughed and Steph, I am not going to lie, I cried (I was so proud of him!) Success is sweet!

Gandalf said...

Hayden is the best!! You would not have nearly as interesting life without him--and who wants a normal life??